1. Fewer Showings: Yes, there are fewer buyers, but those buyers that are left are usually very serious about making a purchase.
2. Less Competition: Most people wait until spring and summer to list their home, which means during the winter you will have far less competition than at any other time of the year.
3. Homes Show Better During the Holidays: Buyers love homes that can tell a story. The holidays are a great time to show homes because the home is usually dressed up for holiday celebrations!
4. January is the Biggest Transfer Month: Did you know that more corporate moves happen during January than at any other time of the year? This may be a great reason list your home during the winter!
5. Timing: By putting the home on the market during the winter you may be able to more easily hit your moving goals!
6. More Time To Get Top Dollar: By starting to market your home early you may be able to secure a higher price.
7. Great Time to Shop: If your home sells quickly you will be able to shop for your next home during the winter, this is a great time to find a bargain!
8. More Advertising: Because most agent and offices have less inventory during the winter your home may be advertised more often than during the spring and summer months!
9. More Attention: Most agents will be able to devote more specialized attention to your needs during the winter because they have less clients to manage.
10. The Market: Today’s interest rates are at forty year lows. This gives buyers more spending power, and will be even more important when you begin shopping for your next home!